2. Criteria – each applicant must:
3. Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have graduated from a high school in BC or Yukon.
- Have been in a French Professional Development Program at a recognized university within the last year,
Be in their professional year in a Bachelor of Education degree at a recognized university or university college,
- Recently completed a French immersion or Core French practicum
AND have at least one letter of reference verifying an acceptable standard of French.
- Be a current member of Canadian Parents for French.
4. Document Check List
- demonstrate sound academic record.
- participate in community affairs using the French language.
- demonstrate an aptitude for teaching.
Please check documents that you are including in this submission
This completed application form.
A letter addressed to the CPF BC & Yukon Award Selection Committee
- work or volunteer experience with youth,
- participation in community affairs using French,
- The candidate’s teaching goals (i.e.: what grades, where, core/immersion/intensive, how you intend to inspire students, etc)
Proof of graduation from a BC or Yukon high school (a certificate of graduation [the dogwood] or a high school transcript will be accepted as proof).
Proof of acceptance into a French PDP at a recognized university OR proof of acceptance into a recognized Bachelor of Education Program (your letter of acceptance into the program is preferred but if lost a letter indicating acceptance into the progr
One letter of reference or practicum report verifying an acceptable competency in the French language from your professor or supervisory teacher or Education Office. (CPF Board of Directors’ Awards Committee reserves the right to follow up with the source to ensure French Competency has been thoroughly assessed
Your university transcript (for all post-secondary education, both unofficial and official will be accepted).
Proof of practicum (either a practicum report or a letter from your a supervisory teacher or Teacher Education Office indicating that you undertook your practicum will be accepted)
Please note that to receive the award the selected applicant(s) will be asked to submit proof that they are teaching French at a public school in BC or Yukon.